Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Program See, Program Do.

So they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If that's true, than the almighty Burger should be extremely flattered. I can't help but copy him. He has a blog, I get a blog. He has a cool nickname, I have to get a cool nickname. He moves out of his apartment and couch surfs for a while, I do the same (albeit not 3000 miles from my former place of residence). He gets his dream car that's perfect for his environment, I have to buy the equivalent for VT. Well, to be honest, I had to sell myself into indentured servitude to The Man for the money to buy the car (It's true, I'm not a pimp as my earlier post might have led you to believe. I'm more on the "working girl" end of things). I'm sure the benevolent Burger would have lent me the money if he had known about my plight.

You may have guessed at this point that The Burger solved my Friday the 13th riddle. He is wise and knowledgable and also lived with me for 3 years divining all my secrets. I guess that makes him clever as well. Now if he could use his omnipotence to get me a freaking apartment in Middlebury so I can get off these god forsaken couches, I would be even MORE eternally grateful.

Truth is, shit is crazy right now. So much has happened between my last post and now that I can't even keep it straight enough to write about. Some good, some bad. I just try and keep it all in perspective. That, and I chase the dragon. I kid, I kid. I just had to throw in one more Steely Dan reference.

Sdtk: Corinne Bailey Rae, "I'd Like To" - from "Live in NY"

No comments: