Saturday, February 09, 2008

Back to the Lab Again

So, lot of big things doing here for The Program. I just got back from Providence RI where I was laying down drum tracks for the upcoming Jer Coons record. I love being in the studio. It's a lot of work but also a lot of fun. We were recording at Strangeways Recording. I got to use Mike's drum kit and it sounded huge. I'm psyched to hear how the rest of the record turns out. When we weren't recording or watching the results from Super Tuesday, we ate a lot of good food. There are some really nice, cheap vegetarian eats in Providence. Who knew? One of the highlights of the trip was on the first day we got there and we went to Guitar Center and Chipotle in the same hour. That's a good way to start a session, no?

The Grift also just released a new live CD called "Live at Nectar's". I know it's hard to keep track sometimes, but on this CD I play the drums for most of it and bass on a couple tunes that Russ sits in on. Last Saturday night we had a CD release party at (ironically) Nectar's. It was a blast. The crowd was rocking and hopefully so were we. Anyone interested in picking up the CD can email me or hopefully it will be available for sale up on The Grift site soon.

That's all from The Program. For now, I'm going to try to adjust to life back in the snow (Providences weather was much nicer).

SDTK.: Matisyahu "Youth"

No comments: