Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back On The Wagon

I'm back! I know, the writers' strike is still going on, but if The Daily Show and Colbert can go back on, so can I. I'm so happy to have them back. I laughed hysterically at last night's shows. There's so much going on what with the primaries, Kenya, Pakistan, etc., etc. I'm glad I can now find out about all of them. I didn't realize how much I actually got my news from those shows. I used to get it from NPR as well, but living in Middlebury, I don't listen to NPR as much as I used to.

So what's been going on with me, you ask? The Grift has been very busy playing shows all over. There were a lot before the holidays and a lot after. It's funny, usually people think of the holidays as stressful because of all the running around and for me it was the most relaxed time I've had in a while. A nice change from not running around as much as I do in my everyday life. Just what I needed.

What else? I've been playing a lot of piano recently. I don't know why, but I've really been in the mood to play some piano. So I said what the hell, why not? So I've been learning tunes in the downtimes between doing things I should actually be doing. This week I've learned 3 songs: Lights by Journey, Warning Sign by Coldplay, and Autumn Leaves. I'm pretty psyched about it.

Well, I'm glad to be back if for no other reason than to have back my outlet for telling everyone how funny I am. Like just before I wrote this I was on Yahoo! and saw a news article about how the Russians are winning the race to put a human on Mars first. My first thought was "Well that's fitting, it is a RED planet." HA!! Man, that's such good joke writing, I should go back on strike! Alas, I won't. So look for more frequent posts in the future. I gotta run, my DVR should have recorded through the first set of commercials on The Daily Show by now. Till next time...

SDTK: A lot of Drum and Bass by Aphrodite that I got from my brother at Christmastime.

No comments: