Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm back, Baby!

Howdy, again. So what's with the prolonged absence? Um...I don't know for sure. Let's just just say I'm happy to be back. A lot has changed since I last posted. We have a new President, I moved to Burlington, I went to Mexico, I read a book about pick-up artists, I did about 100 crossword puzzles, I bought bowling shoes, and a lot more. Of all these things, I choose to talk about my bowling shoes.
They are pretty damn sweet, huh? I found I was bowling a lot and spending $3 on shoe rentals every time. I'm not necessarily the thriftiest person you've met, but I'm close and I figured, why not? At $3 a pop, with $39 bowling shoes, after the 13th time they're free from then on! You can't argue with that math. Especially because I've pretty much bowled at least once a week since the start of 2009. I'm getting my hook down and everything. If I could get a more stable schedule, I'd definitely join a league. I think of bowling as "winter golf". Considering how long stupid winter is here, I figure it's good to have a hobby. Sure, Rockefeller, I could snowboard, but considering how iffy the banks are with loans these days, I'd rather eat.

Speaking of Rock and bowling: Thursday marks a high point in my musical career. My first gig at a bowling alley. That is, if you don't count the show in Chicago at the banquet hall that had 4 lanes in the basement. It wasn't a "bowling alley" per se. Thursday my new side project, The Schrizzz, plays at Spare Time in Colchester and I couldn't be more psyched. The only thing better might be a strip club, but I've played for strippers before...that's another story for another time...
I'll let you all know how it goes.

Sdtk: The theme music for Halo 3 as I sit on Jer's couch writing this.

No comments: